Department of Epidemiology and Disease Control
- Prevent, detect, and control diseases of public health importance.
- Coordinate surveillance systems to collect, analyze and interpret data on diseases of public health importance.
- Lead response to and mobilize support for disease outbreaks in any part of the State.
- Ensure availability and accessibility to a functional reference and specialized laboratory in the state and coordinate safe processing of samples from point of collection to disposal.
- Conduct, collate, synthesize and disseminate public health research to inform policy and generate support and investments;
- Continuously engage the NCDC and international stakeholders on prevention and control of common diseases of public health relevance in the state.
- Promote and facilitate the conduct of internationally relevant researches for stronger collaboration and support in prevention and control of diseases of public health importance.
- Collaborate with other relevant MDAs in disease Prevention & control (One Health Approach