The Personnel Division performs the following functions amongst others:
- It takes care of the general welfare of staff of the Ministry.
- It undertakes the processes of appointment, promotion and discipline of junior staff.
- It services both the junior and senior staff committees.
- Undertakes the movement and posting of department staff.
Confidential Registry Unit
The Confidential Registry is a unit of the personnel division. It performs the following functions:
- It is directly in charge of contract files.
- It is responsible for the dispatch of letters that has do with the contract files.
- It collates list of officers due for promotion yearly.
- It presents officer’s due for promotion.
- It writes the brief of promotion of officers.
- The unit also participates in personnel estimates every year.
- It is also in charge of conversion of senior and junior staff.
- The unit also collates the names of officers for the compulsory and management examinations.
- It also keeps the confidential files of staff.
Open Registry Unit
The open registry is also a unit of the personnel division. It performs the following functions:
- It keeps proper record of all subject files.
- It is responsible for the opening of new files
- It receives mails
- It registers incoming and outgoing files
- It also takes morning list of files in each department to enable them locate the position of files
- It is also responsible for file indexing.
The Records Registry of Finance and Administration Department performs the following functions:
- It keeps the personal files of staff
- Processes leave request for approval
- It prepares, the nominal and disposition list of the Ministry
- It is also responsible for the processing of the document of retirees
Finance and Administration Division
This division performs dual functions i.e. the finance and administration of the Ministry.
- It appraises and takes position on policy matters
- It is charged with the responsibility of yearly budgeting, seeking and allocating funds to all priority areas and projects of the Ministry.
- It keeps record of financial transactions and processes all contract awards (STB and MTB).
- It handles the processing of payment requests, disbursement of fund and payment of staff emolument.
The Account Unit of the Finance and Administration Department performs the following functions:
- It raises Payment Vouchers for approved funds.
- It processes Release Warrants to the Office of the Accountant General for both capital and recurrent expenditures.
- It also keeps Departmental Vote Expenditure Book (DVEB) for both capital and recurrent expenditure.
- It is responsible for keeping of cash books and ledgers
- It prepares monthly returns on the implementation of the budget
- It also does bank reconciliation
- It Prepares Appropriation Account
- It is also responsible for writing and issuing of cheques.
The Salary Unit of the Finance and Administration Department performs the following functions:
- It prepares the salary of staff
- It is also in charge of preparation of Emolument cards of staff
- It also prepares and pay leave bonus of staff
- It forwards monthly salary variation to the office of Accountant General
- It is responsible for the purchase and distribution of items to offices.
- It also carries out market survey of items.
- It receives item and ensures that items bought are properly kept.
The division has a mini store at the secretariat complex for office equipment and stationery. The other store unit under the ministry is located at Oke-Eda for storage of hospital equipment and furniture procured by the Ministry and ADB Assisted project (World Bank Project).
The drugs procured through the State Tender’s Board and the Ministerial Tenders’ Board are stored at the Central Medical Store, Ondo Road, from where they are distributed to various health facilities in the state.
The Computer Unit
The computer unit of the finance and Administration Department has functional computers being handled by competent hands. It services all the departments in the typing of important documents using different computer applications.
The transport unit of the Finance and Administration Department performs the following functions:
- It takes inventory of the total number of vehicles in the ministry.
- It supervises the movement of the Ministry’s vehicles within and outside the state.
- It processes in file, vehicles that needed repair works or servicing for approval.